Phase three: New key dates
Published date : 20 August, 2020
More key dates for easing lockdown were announced today including the restaring of driving lessons and the reopening of indoor gyms.
Below is a summary of the key dates announced, but for more in-depth information please read the advice issued by the Scottish Government.
With effect from Monday 24 August-
- Outdoor contact sports (all ages) can resume following guidance of relevant sports bodies.
- Outdoor seated live events and outdoor open space live events – with physical distancing, enhanced hygiene, and restricted numbers – following guidance. Work will be undertaken with the sector on options for larger pilot events.
- Driving lessons can resume – following guidance.
- Child contact centres can re-open following guidance.
- Face-to-face advice services, including Citizens Advice, can resume – following guidance.
- Bingo halls can re-open with physical distancing and following guidance.
- Amusement arcades and casinos can re-open following guidance (incl. enhanced hygiene).
- Snooker/pool halls and indoor bowling can re-open – following guidance (incl. enhanced hygiene).
- Funfairs – both static and travelling – can re-open, following guidance.
With effect from Monday 31 August
- Gyms (indoor) can re-open – following guidance.
- Swimming pools can re-open – following guidance.
- Indoor sports courts can reopen – following guidance, incl. skating, dance studios: Children (0-12) years can resume all activity; adults and young people (12+) can resume non-contact activity only.
- Indoor activities for children and young people (unregulated) can resume subject to guidance that will vary by activity. Indoor youth work can resume for young people in line with guidance.
Back to All Press Releases